Entering Ba Hoa market, you can be attracted by lots of specialty foods of Central Vietnam such as Thuan cake (Bánh thuẫn), Jaggery (Đường bát), Grilled girdle cake, Tra Que vegetables, fermented dishes, pickles and spices. Most of the sellers in the market comes from Central Vietnam. They can be recognized by their accents. The market is considered as “Quang region in the heart of Saigon”. Quang region includes Da Nang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Dinh, etc. in Central Vietnam. Quang people who live in Saigon feel like being in their hometown when coming to this market. The market was established by Ms. Hoa in 1967 so that it is called Ba Hoa market. It is located on Tran Mai Ninh Street, Ward 12, Tan Binh District.
From the early morning to late night, Ba Hoa market is crowded with lots of people coming to buy products and enjoying specialty foods of Central Vietnam. If you have a chance to visit the market, do not miss a wide range of excellent dishes of Central Vietnam. What to eat there? Let’s do a Saigon street food tour in Ba Hoa market with us and see what we can eat there.
1. Vietnamese sesame rice cracker (Bánh tráng mè)
2. Banh thuan (Bánh thuẫn)
3. Sugar steamed glutinous rice (Xôi đường)
4. Pyramidal glutinous rice cake (Bánh rò)
5. Vietnamese sweet soup in Central style
6. Vietnamese pancake (Bánh xèo)
7. Tapioca dumpling with pork and shrimp (Bánh bột lọc)
8. Bloating-fern-shaped cake (Bánh bèo)
9. Duc cake (Bánh đúc)
10. Stir-fried organs with turmeric (Lòng xào nghệ)
11. Young jackfruit salad (Gỏi mít non)
13. Button top (Ốc ruốc)
14. Fried shrimp roll (Chả ram tôm đất)
15. Fried corn roll (Ram bắp)
16. Cao lau (Cao lầu)
17. Quang noodle soup (Mì Quảng)
18. Break cake (Bánh đập)
19. Stir-fried baby clam (Hến xào)
20. Velvet tamarind (Trái xay rừng)
Are you mouth-watering at these foods? Let run to Ba Hoa market and enjoy these delicious dishes.