What to Highlight
Enjoy a morning cooking lesson at the Vietnam Cookery Center. Your hands-on cooking course is conducted by a professional chef and translated by a MC, who will explain the teaching of the chef and talk about the history and culture of Vietnamese cuisine. The lesson includes a market visit and lunch. In the afternoon, you will leave Cookery Center on an afternoon excursion to the Cu Chi Tunnels.
The Cu Chi Tunnels are an underground labyrinth of passageways, used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War (or “American War” as it’s referred to here) as protection against American air raids. Those inclined are invited to crawl through selections of the tunnels to better understand what life was like for the Vietnamese soldiers during wartime.
- Learn about the local gastronomy and practice some traditional Vietnamese cuisine;
- Taste the Vietnamese food you cook yourself;
- Explore the Cu Chi Tunnels and interact with people in Cu Chi region;
- Learn about courage, ingenuity of Vietnamese;
- If you want, let fire a real wartime rifle;
- Enjoy the nice view on the way from Saigon to Cu Chi.
Start time is flexible with duration 6 hours, our recommendation is 7:30 AM , the tour will end at 6:30PM.
Detail itinerary of Cooking Class & Cu Chi Tunnels Tour half day:
Cooking Class & Cu Chi Tunnels Tour will start at 7:30 AM, our guides will pick you up at your hotel.
Arriving agricultural area around 8:45 AM, activities here are:
- Visit various farms to see buffalo, cows, and duck, fish and prawn ponds.
- Visit vegetable, herb, spice and mushroom growing areas.
- Pick vegetables, herbs and spices and receive a traditional Vietnamese farmer’ hat.
- Join cooking class from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM: hands-on cooking class (3 dishes plus dessert); enjoy your meal; receive certificate, recipes, souvenirs, and exchange e-mails to share recipes and updates.
- Visit Rice Paper Village and Rubber Tree Forest 1:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- View and participate (if you want) in making rice paper.
- Explore rubber tree forest and learn how latex is collected.
From 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM you will visit Cu Chi Tunnels:
- View video and learn how tunnels were built followed by visit to tunnels.
- Have opportunity to fire guns with live ammunition at shooting range.
- Browse souvenir store.
- Sample tapioca and hot tea.
Cooking Class & Cu Chi Tunnels Tour ends and we transfer you back to your hotel at 5:30 p.m.
Let’s go to enjoy fantastic feeling together! What to Know If you have any request or need more information about the tour (guide, time, food, pick up…) please do not hesitate to send us an email. We will do our best to explain anything for you. Our guides of Cu Chi tunnels tour are looking forward to meeting you and having good time together in our.
Private Cu Chi Tunnels Tour & Cooking Class by Car:
|Price/pax (USD)||103||75||66||59||55||54||50||Contact us|
- Transportation, hotel pickup and drop off;
- Cooking class & Cu Chi tunnels entrance ticket;
- English speaking tour guide, bottle of water;
- Pictures from your tour (emailed to you later).
Let’s book Cu Chi Tunnels Tour & Cook Class now and pay us at the end of the tour!
Please Call/SMS/Viber/Whatsapp us at +84909190247 for more information about program and menu. Do not hesitate to let us know you are vegetarian or allergic to something and your taste so that we can arrange the foods meeting your expectation.on.