Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Half Day is the best choice for you to explore the legendary tunnels. Escape busy and noisy Ho Chi Minh city, you will have a chance to zip through beautiful countryside with rice paddies, orchards, and villages on main roads and dirt laneways. Let’s enjoy cool wind, fresh atmosphere, and nice view. The guide will tell you about the heart-breaking war in Vietnam, including lesser-known while crawling the tunnels. You will see by your eyes bomb shelters, chimneys, traps, kitchens, hospitals, schools which served numerous Viet Cong. You will learn more how hard it is to live without sunlight, lack of foods, water, and clothes…
- Learn about the courage & ingenuity of the Cu Chi people, and war history in Vietnam;
- Watch a documentary film before the journey start
- Tour guide will show how the Cu Chi tunnels works
- Visit a command center
- Enjoy local special food such as steamed tapioca and hot tea
- Discover Hoang Cam smoke-less stove
- Explore the fighting bunkers, dangerous booby traps
- Visit rice paper workshop
- You have chance to try shooting (optional)
Detail itinerary of Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Half Day
You will be picked you up at your hotel and depart from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) to Cu Chi. It’s a chance for you to relax on the way from Saigon to Cu Chi. On the way, you can see thenice view of South Vietnam’s countryside. You can see lush orchards and green or yellow rice fields along the main roads.
Arriving in Ben Dinh, you will spend your time watching a documentary film about Cu Chi Tunnels and the Vietnam War. Then it is time for inspecting the tunnel site, visiting the gates, traps, underground hospitals, worship rooms, kitchens and bunkers, and many other interesting things. One of the highlights is Hoang Cam stove, which was named after its inventor, diffused and dissipated smoke from cooking. On display are booby traps, the remains of a US army tank and huge craters left by American B52 bombs. You will be able to admire lots of compelling photos and personal effects left behind. Our guide will tell you about heart-broken war history and information about the tunnels including less-known stories.
The most exciting part of your trip is going through a section of the tunnel. In fact, the original tunnels are wet, dark, stuffy, and about 0.5 – 1 m wide, just enough for one person to go through. The sections of tunnels were expanded to accommodate tourists. Some sections are lightened with lights but some are not. You will be surprised and understand the clever and heroic characters of Cu Chi as well as Vietnamese locals and soldiers who could live in the tunnels in bad conditions with low light, heat, humidity, and lack of air for some months, even a few years. Afterward travelers can try local special food are rice tapioca & hot tea which was main food during the war. You can also try firing M-16, AK-47 and carbine rifle at the National Defence Sports Shooting Range (Payment by yourself).
At the end of the tour, we will drive you back to your hotel.
Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Half Day will leave a memory forever in your heart.
Other options include:
- MORNING Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Half Day starts from 7:00 AM;
- AFTERNOON Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Half Day starts from 12:00 PM;
- DURATION: 6 – 8 hours
- Private Cu Chi Tunnels Tour by Motorbike: 70 USD/person.
- Private Cu Chi Tunnels Tour by Car:
|Private group||1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax|
|Price/person(USD)||$70 USD||$40 USD||$34 USD||$27 USD||$23 USD|
- Plus 10 USD to the total price if you would like to visit Ben Duoc instead of Ben Dinh.
- Group Cu Chi Tunnels Tour by Speedboat (two ways): 69 USD/person.
- If you would like to go to Ben Duoc instead of Ben Dinh, add 10 USD to the price.
- Private air-conditioned car/van/bus/speedboat, hotel pickup and drop off;
- Cu Chi tunnels entrance ticket;
- English speaking tour guide, 1 bottle of water; sugar cane juice;
- Pictures from your tour (emailed to you later).
Call/SMS/Viber/WhatsApp us at +84909190247 for more information about the program of Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Half Day.
More info: If you would like a to join a Cu Chi Tunnels Tour & Cooking Class