Are you looking for an adventurous motorbike tour around the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City? Do you want to experience this vibrant city like a true local? Offered by the Cruise and other booking office, our one-day Ho Chi Minh day tour from all ports is an exciting, authentic and efficient way to explore this city at its best.
- Pick-up & Drop off From Nha Rong, Hiep Phuoc, Phu Huu, Phu My Port
- Experience riding on motorbike, visit all HCMC’s best bits, Including Notre-Dame Cathedral & General Post Office, Venerable Thich Quang Duc Monument, Old apartment with local life, Colorful wholesale flower market, Chinatown with hidden places, Thien Hau Pagoda, photo stops around the city;
- Enjoy lunch with Vietnamese traditional food as Vietnamese pancake & rice noodles with grilled pork/fried roll, Banh Mi, Crab & Shrimp noodle soup – specialty food of the city
- Visit an over 80-year-old cafe hidden in an alley & interact with the nice host & learn how to brew the unique Vot coffee
Price: from $48 USD /Adult (from 12 years old) , Children (from 5 – 11 years old): 50% of Adult
(Price varies by group size & name of the port)
|Private/group||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 – 6pax||7 – 8pax||9pax+|
|Price/Adult (Nha Rong Port)||$150||$100||$80||$70||$60||$55||$48|
|Price/Adult (Phu Huu & Hiep Phuoc Port)||$180||$130||$110||$100||$88||$80||$70|
|Price/Adult (Phu My Port)||$270||$165||$150||$130||$115||$100||$90|
Duration: All private tours are approximately 8 hours or longer depending on your time constraints. At the end of the private tour, we always make sure that you return on-time to board the cruise ship.
Meeting point: Nha Rong, Hiep Phuoc, Phu Huu, or Phu My port
Port Permit Service:
- Opt to purchase port permit service: For a fee of 25USD/person, our guide and transport can go inside the port, right to your cruise ship for pick-up and drop off. This requires passport details such as full name, passport number, DOB, expiry date and nationality. We recommend this service for safety and comfort during the hot or rainy days, as well a reliable transport service.
- Opt not to purchase port service fee: Please walk out of the port for 15 minutes – 20 minutes or take a shuttle bus inside port gate (3-5$/person) where our guide and driver will welcome you with a sign and a smile. This does not include a fee.
Tour customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
- Round trip on private air-conditioner vehicle from the ports to Ho Chi Minh City
- English-speaking local guide
- All entrance fees
- Lunch as indicated in the itinerary (please note we can cater for any dietary requirements, just be sure to get in touch beforehand)
- Special Vietnamese coffee & Unlimited Bottles of Water
- Tips & Other drinks
- Other personal expenses
Payment method: We accept
What to bring: Sunscreen • Hat • Insect Repellent • Light Jacket • Flashlight or Torch
What to wear: Please ensure you dress respectfully. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times.
You will be picked up and welcomed by our tour guide and driver at cruise port to enjoy Ho Chi Minh shore excursion and promptly transferred to the meeting point. From there, the anticipated adventure from the back of a motorbike will begin where you explore its hidden charms and cultures that are not normally seen on the crowded tourist routes.
Firstly, we stop at tourist attractions in District 1 including Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, Saigon Central Post Office where you admire the beauty of old French architectural works, learn more about history and culture, take the most beautiful photos in the city. A lovely book street next to the post office is worth wandering.
After that, we will head into the Thich Quang Duc Monument, dedicated to the Vietnamese Mahayana Buddhist monk who burned himself to death at a busy Saigon road intersection on 11th June 1963. Photographs of his self-immolation were circulated widely across the world and brought attention to the policies of the Diệm government. John F. Kennedy said in reference to the photograph, “No news picture in history has generated so much emotion around the world as that one”.
Before reaching the coffee shop, we stop at one of Saigon’s Top 3 Banh mi shops, see how they make a great Vietnamese sandwich with crispy crust and amazing fillings. Although Vietnamese sandwiches can be eaten at many places in the country, Banh mi in Saigon is very special and worth trying.Then we drive to a small street food stall which is over 20 years old to learn how they wrap and grill one of top Saigon street foods – Grilled banana & sticky rice in banana leaves with coconut milk.
It is a big chance to stop at Cheo Leo cafe – an 80-year coffee shop hidden in an alley and famous for its distinct “Vot” coffee. There you sit around a table, take a rest, enjoy the drink, eat Vietnamese bread, Grilled banana with coconut milk, and chat leisurely with the guide as a friend like locals. You also learn how to make a cup of “Vot” coffee and interact with the nice owner of the coffee shop. Next, the motorbike driver will stop at the Flower market where you can quickly snap some shots of beautiful flowers being sold there.
Escaping from the noisy and busy streets, we head to Thien Hau Temple to listen to mysterious stories, learn more about the unique architecture and religious life.
On the way to District 1, we stop to eat again 🙂 at an over 20-year-old restaurant known as Top 5 Places to eat Vietnamese pancake in Saigon. The guide shows you how the cook makes thin, large, and crispy pancakes skillfully, how to wrap the cake in vegetables and eat. There we also enjoy Rice noodles with grilled pork/fried roll – a specialty food of the city.
We finish our day with some shopping time at the Ben Thanh Market, a very popular tourist spot mainly due to its rich history and prime location. The market offers a wide selection of goods ranging from faux Nike shoes to beautiful silk Ao Dai. As the sun begins to set in this lively city, you will be driven back to the port.Trip ends when the driver drops you at the port for the next departure.
Submitted requests get a reply within 1 working day!
Tracy Do (Ms.)
Interacting with our travelers during their whole trip helps me understand more about their interests and concerns. I like seeking for the exotic and valuable experience. And I believe that this is one of the reasons that make us different.
A trip designed just for you? Let’s get started.. Please fill out the form below. Based on your schedule, your specific needs and interests, our travel experts will design a personalized tour just for you. The more details you provide about your requirements the more we can design the perfect trip for you.
Please note this inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!