Learn about the role of Australia in the Viet Nam War with a visit to the former Australian military base at Nui Dat Old Battlefield. Explore the dramatic changes that have taken place in this once important military location. We highly recommended this Vung Tau shore excursion to all history buffs and Aussie passengers.
- Pick-up & Drop off From Vung Tau Port, Phu My Port
- Discovering the site of the Australian Army Corps’ bloodiest battle, along with the various areas where the battle was won for the Australians;
- Learning of the gallantry of the Australian Army Corps troops as they held firm against the communist Vietnamese troops in horrendous weather conditions
- Enjoying lunch in the nearby town of Ba Ria
Price: from $65 USD /Adult (from 12 years old) , Children (from 5 – 11 years old): 50% of Adult
(Price varies by group size)
|Private/group||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 – 6pax||7 – 8pax||9pax+|
Duration: All private tours are approximately 8 hours or longer depending on your time constraints. At the end of the private tour, we always make sure that you return on-time to board the cruise ship.
Meeting point: Vung Tau Port or Phu My port.
Port Permit Service:
- Opt to purchase port permit service: For a fee of 25USD/person, our guide and transport can go inside the port, right to your cruise ship for pick-up and drop off. This requires passport details such as full name, passport number, DOB, expiry date and nationality. We recommend this service for safety and comfort during the hot or rainy days, as well a reliable transport service.
- Opt not to purchase port service fee: Please walk out of the port for 15 minutes – 20 minutes or take a shuttle bus inside port gate (3-5$/person) where our guide and driver will welcome you with a sign and a smile. This does not include a fee.
Tour customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
- Round trip on private air-conditioner vehicle from Vung Tau, Phu My port to Long Tan – Nui Dat
- English-speaking local guide
- All entrance fees
- Lunch as indicated in the itinerary (please note we can cater for any dietary requirements, just be sure to get in touch beforehand)
- Unlimited Bottles of Water
- Tips & Other drinks
- Other personal expenses
Payment method: We accept
What to bring: Sunscreen • Hat • Insect Repellent • Light Jacket • Flashlight or Torch
What to wear: Please ensure you dress respectfully. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times.
Meet your guide and driver upon pickup at Phu My Port, or Vung Tau Port and start your Vung Tau shore excursion with a visit to Long Tan and Nui Dat Old Battlefields. Your first stop of the day is the former Nui Dat Task Force Base (Nui Dat SS Hill) where two pillars of main gain are the only remains. The former runway has given way to a wide stretch of village road while the old helipad is now a soccer field.
Then you’ll visit Nui Dat Kindergarten. Opened in October 2010 and funded by the Australian Vietnam Volunteers Resource Group, this kindergarten now stands on the site where over 5000 Australian soldiers were based at any one time during the Vietnam War.
Afterward, while en route to the Discourtesy Rubber Plantation, you’ll be driven past the location of the Horseshoe, of which access is prohibited due to mining activity. After lunch, continue to the Long Tan Cross Memorial, the Long Phuoc Tunnels and Ming Dam, which is no longer the “Secret Zone”, and Long Hai.
Trip ends when the driver drops you at the port for the next departure.
Submitted requests get a reply within 1 working day!
Tracy Do (Ms.)
Interacting with our travelers during their whole trip helps me understand more about their interests and concerns. I like seeking for the exotic and valuable experience. And I believe that this is one of the reasons that make us different.
A trip designed just for you? Let’s get started.. Please fill out the form below. Based on your schedule, your specific needs and interests, our travel experts will design a personalized tour just for you. The more details you provide about your requirements the more we can design the perfect trip for you.
Please note this inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!