Forget about the faraway Ho Chi Minh City when you have so much to discover in the nearby Vung Tau, a seaside city famous for the only petroleum base of Viet Nam. In this Vung Tau shore excursion, you can admire a huge Jesus statue, the 12-meter long marble statue of Lying Buddha and the signature Vung Tau Lighthouse.
- Pick-up & Drop off From Vung Tau Port, Phu My Port
- Visit the spectacular Statue of Jesus;
- Admire the sheer magnitude of the majestic statue of Lying Buddha at Nirvana Pagoda;
- Witness the Grandeur of White Palace;
- Enjoy lunch with Vietnamese traditional food as Vietnamese pancake & rice noodles with grilled pork/fried roll – specialty food of the city
- Visit Whale Temple & Vung Tau Lighthouse
Price: from $65 USD /Adult (from 12 years old) , Children (from 5 – 11 years old): 50% of Adult
(Price varies by group size)
|Private/group||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 – 6pax||7 – 8pax||9pax+|
Duration: All private tours are approximately 8 hours or longer depending on your time constraints. At the end of the private tour, we always make sure that you return on-time to board the cruise ship.
Meeting point: Vung Tau Port or Phu My port
Port Permit Service:
- Opt to purchase port permit service: For a fee of 25USD/person, our guide and transport can go inside the port, right to your cruise ship for pick-up and drop off. This requires passport details such as full name, passport number, DOB, expiry date and nationality. We recommend this service for safety and comfort during the hot or rainy days, as well a reliable transport service.
- Opt not to purchase port service fee: Please walk out of the port for 15 minutes – 20 minutes or take a shuttle bus inside port gate (3-5$/person) where our guide and driver will welcome you with a sign and a smile. This does not include a fee.
Tour customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
- Round trip on private air-conditioner vehicle from Phu My port to Ho Chi Minh City
- English-speaking local guide
- All entrance fees
- Lunch as indicated in the itinerary (please note we can cater for any dietary requirements, just be sure to get in touch beforehand)
- Unlimited Bottles of Water
- Tips & Other drinks
- Other personal expenses
Payment method: We accept
What to bring: Sunscreen • Hat • Insect Repellent • Light Jacket • Flashlight or Torch
What to wear: Please ensure you dress respectfully. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times.
Welcome on dry land! Your private guide will be waiting for you at Phu My port or Vung Tau Port and will greet you with a welcome sign and a big smile. We will then make our way to Mount Nho to snap photos of the famous Christ the King statue. The 900 steps up the mountain lead to the spectacular Statue of Jesus. Standing at 32 meters in height with 18.3-meter long arms, this statue serves as an excellent vantage point to admire the whole city, shoreline and Hon Ba, an islet with a beautiful temple worthy of a few photos!
After you walk down the mountain, enjoy a cool drink from your guide before heading to the next destination, Niet Ban Tinh Xa (Nirvana Pagoda). There, admire the sheer magnitude of the majestic statue of Lying Buddha. Before you leave, try drumming the giant bronze bell in the upper level for good luck. Continue on to the White Palace – once the summer palace for Bao Dai, the last Emperor of Vietnam.
After a delicious local lunch, continue to visit Whale Temple, which worships the remains of a whale washed up onto the Vung Tau shore over 100 years ago. It is a popular stop with tourists and locals alike! This ornate temple is dedicated to the whale, and is the site where fishermen traditionally pray for their safety. This stop offers a fascinating insight into the belief systems of the locals here.
Enjoy your second chance of a panoramic view of the city at the Vung Tau Lighthouse. With its peak located 170 meters above sea level, the Lighthouse is widely regarded as the most interesting landmark in the city. Built by the French, this lighthouse offers 360 degree vistas of the ocean and surrounding city. Definitely do not forget your cameras for this stop! If you’d like, arrange for a 10-minute motorbike ride to the top.
In the afternoon, head back to Phu My Port/Vung Tau Port in good time for your cruise departure. Trip ends.
Submitted requests get a reply within 1 working day!
Tracy Do (Ms.)
Interacting with our travelers during their whole trip helps me understand more about their interests and concerns. I like seeking for the exotic and valuable experience. And I believe that this is one of the reasons that make us different.
A trip designed just for you? Let’s get started.. Please fill out the form below. Based on your schedule, your specific needs and interests, our travel experts will design a personalized tour just for you. The more details you provide about your requirements the more we can design the perfect trip for you.
Please note this inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!