8 districts, 12 authentic markets, 2 special streets, 2 mysterious buildings
- Venerable Thich Quang Duc Monument
- Nguyen Thien Thuat apartment buildings since 1960s
- Cambodian market
- Ho Thi Ky – Saigon’s biggest flower market
- Fruit and vegetable market
- Motorbike accessories market
- Lantern market, fabric market
- Pet market
- Medicine market
- Fashion street, book street, painting street
- Ghost building
- Stilt houses in slum areas on channels
- Ten Thousands Buddha Temple
- Saigon Cao Dai Temple
- Hoa Binh market – one of the oldest Saigon markets
- Floating market with life on boats
- Tiny humble island separated from the city’s other parts – former mafia hotspot
- Binh Tay market
- Thien Hau temple
- Cha Tam church
- Visit a hidden 80-year cafe in an alley & learn how to make a cup of unique Vot coffee & relax while tasting some drink there.
Price $30 USD or 700,000
- Child from 3 to 7 years: 50% off
- Child from 8 to 12 years: 30% off
- Free pick up & drop off in District 1, 3, 4, 10
- Extra fee for pick up & drop off out of District 1, 3, 4, 10: 3 USD
- Pay in advance or at the end of the tour in USD or VND cash
Start time flexible
Duration 4 hours
- High-quality helmet
- Travel insurance
- Free hotel pickup and drop off
- Bottle of mineral water
- English speaking guide
- Motorbike, fuel, rain poncho (if needed)
- Special Vietnamese coffee
- Pictures from your tour (emailed later)
Our talented guide with the motorbike picks you up at your hotel (or any location requested by you) to start the Saigon Unseen & Food Tour by Motorbike. After a short riding instruction and program introduction, we hop on the motorbike. The guide makes sure you are ok on the motorbike before weaving around the main streets and narrow alleyways to see the city. The first stop is Venerable Thich Quang Duc Monument where we will tell you less-known history and story about the monk and his unburned heart. Head to District 3 and Nguyen Thien Thuat apartment buildings which were built in the 1960s and have been home to lots of Saigon people. There you can see the real Saigon local life.
It is a big chance to stop at Cheo Leo cafe – an 80-year coffee shop hidden in an alley and famous for its distinct “Vot” coffee where you sit around a table, take a rest, enjoy the drink, and chat leisurely with the guide as a friend like locals. You also learn how to make a cup of “Vot” coffee and interact with the nice owner of the coffee shop.
Then we head to District 10 and stop at Ho Thi Ky flower market – a huge wholesale flower market and Cambodian market hidden in alleyways of Ho Thi Ky Street. There you have a chance to see thousands of colorful flowers, fresh vegetables, live animals, and many strange things.
After wandering the hustle and bustle markets, we zip through District 5, 6, 11 to explore Cho Lon (or China Town) which is home to most of the Chinese people in Ho Chi Minh City. Then we drive around to see Binh Tay Market, Thien Hau Temple, hidden parts including fashion street, painting street, medicine street, electronic market, fabric market, lantern market, fruit market, bird market gives you an insider view of the hidden city which is missed on normal city tours by car/bus.
Then we will drive through narrow alleyways to reach Ten Thousand Buddha Pagoda. Buddha statues are everywhere on the wall, in each petal of a big lotus with countless petals. The next stop is the less-known Saigon Cao Dai Temple where you learn more about the unique architecture and religion in Vietnam. We also see Hoa Binh Market which is one of the oldest markets in the city and still remains the beautiful architecture after dozens of years.
Then we drive along Saigon channels and show you stilt houses and slum areas, the scene shows a sharp contrast between rich and poor live in the city. Arriving Saigon floating market where vendors and their families live, cook, eat, sleep, even take care of dogs, grow chickens right on the boats. We continue the journey and drive through a tiny humble island district separated from the city’s other parts by channels and rivers. This area is the former mafia hotspot run by Nam Cam notorious crime boss.
Lastly, the guide returns you to your hotel. It is time to say goodbye, tour ends but memories last forever.
You are welcomed to customize the tour program at your wish because this is a private tour. Let us know your idea when you book the tour or on the tour. You can also request a female or male guide for your tour.
Call/SMS/Viber/Whatsapp us at +84909190247 to book the Saigon Unseen Tour by Motorbike and get our quick response as well as confirmation if you get bored of filling the booking form and waiting for our response.
Memories of Saigon Unseen Tour by Motorbike