This one-day Ho Chi Minh Shore Excursions from cruise port will give you an insight into the daily life of local people in the Mekong Delta. We suggest you visiting My Tho, the nearest destination in the Mekong River, rather than Vinh Long. If your cruise dock for the whole day, you can also arrange it from Phu My Port in Vung Tau. Contact your tour advisors and they will help you plan a suitable itinerary.
- Pick-up & Drop off From Nha Rong, Hiep Phuoc, Phu Huu, Phu My Port
- Boat trip in Mekong Delta, visit local homes and orchards, a coconut candy workshop, a honeybee farm, a sampan ride on palm-shaded creeks, performance of traditional Southern singing;
- Enjoy lunch at local restaurant with Vietnamese traditional food – specialties like elephant fish
- Visit Vinh Trang Pagoda – the biggest pagoda in Tien Giang, with many green trees, beautiful Buddha statues, if time permits
Price: from $48 USD /Adult (from 12 years old) , Children (from 5 – 11 years old): 50% of Adult
(Price varies by group size & name of the port)
|Private/group||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 – 6pax||7 – 8pax||9pax+|
|Price/Adult (Nha Rong Port)||$150||$100||$80||$70||$60||$55||$48|
|Price/Adult (Phu Huu & Hiep Phuoc Port)||$180||$130||$110||$100||$88||$80||$70|
|Price/Adult (Phu My Port)||$270||$165||$150||$130||$115||$100||$90|
Duration: All private tours are approximately 8 hours or longer depending on your time constraints. At the end of the private tour, we always make sure that you return on-time to board the cruise ship.
Meeting point: Nha Rong, Hiep Phuoc, Phu Huu, or Phu My port
Port Permit Service:
- Opt to purchase port permit service: For a fee of 25USD/person, our guide and transport can go inside the port, right to your cruise ship for pick-up and drop off. This requires passport details such as full name, passport number, DOB, expiry date and nationality. We recommend this service for safety and comfort during the hot or rainy days, as well a reliable transport service.
- Opt not to purchase port service fee: Please walk out of the port for 15 minutes – 20 minutes or take a shuttle bus inside port gate (3-5$/person) where our guide and driver will welcome you with a sign and a smile. This does not include a fee.
Tour customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
- Round trip on private air-conditioner vehicle from the ports to Mekong Delta
- English-speaking local guide
- All entrance fees, boat trips, fruits, honey tea, coconut water, coconut candy
- Lunch as indicated in the itinerary (please note we can cater for any dietary requirements, just be sure to get in touch beforehand)
- Special Vietnamese coffee & Unlimited Bottles of Water
- Tips & Other drinks
- Other personal expenses
Payment method: We accept
What to bring: Sunscreen • Hat • Insect Repellent • Light Jacket • Flashlight or Torch
What to wear: Please ensure you dress respectfully. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times.
Welcome to Ho Chi Minh! Our team will be waiting with name signs, big smiles at your port to take you to your cool air-conditioned transport. We will drive to My Tho, located in the Mekong Delta region of southern Vietnam and enjoy an interesting boat trip on Tien Giang River which is very popular to tourists.
Our guide and driver will take you out of the crowded, busy, and noisy Ho Chi Minh to reach a lovely and peaceful region and far away from city life. On the way, you will have the chance to enjoy the fresh air and see the beautiful sight with lush orchards, green coconut trees and rice fields stretching far.
Arriving in My Tho, we will start exploring amazing Mekong rivers, canals, and islands with many things to do:
- Motorized boat cruise on immense rivers lined with fruit orchards and quiet villages.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of the islands such as Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix, Tortoise, and see the unique local life on islands surrounded by water in Mekong Delta.
- See coconut candy production process.
- Have lunch with delicious local dishes: deep fired Elephant ear fish, Vietnamese Pancake…
- Visit orchards, bee-keeping house, enjoy honey tea, seasonal tropical fruit, drink coconut water.
- Take a horse cart and ride a bicycle around the quiet & peaceful village.
- Rowing-boat ride along small mangrove palm creek (mangrove palm or Nypa-frutican, known as “dua nuoc” in Vietnam).
- Listen to traditional Southern Vietnamese folk music.
If time permits, we will visit Vinh Trang Pagoda – the biggest pagoda in Tien Giang. In there, you can admire the beautiful architecture featuring a mixture of Vietnam, Chinese, and Khmer style. The splendor structure is created by the art of inserting bottle and porcelain fragments, along with lines of harmonious pictures illustrating the Buddha’s life stories.
Trip ends when the driver drops you at the port for the next departure.
Submitted requests get a reply within 1 working day!
Tracy Do (Ms.)
Interacting with our travelers during their whole trip helps me understand more about their interests and concerns. I like seeking for the exotic and valuable experience. And I believe that this is one of the reasons that make us different.
A trip designed just for you? Let’s get started.. Please fill out the form below. Based on your schedule, your specific needs and interests, our travel experts will design a personalized tour just for you. The more details you provide about your requirements the more we can design the perfect trip for you.
Please note this inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!