1. What to know before joining our tour?
Vietnamese language for travelers for the first time (special thank to Tom for this)
The information in the above blogs is too much. Sometimes, we can not provide all of the information to guests for some reasons. You can choose the right information to provide your guests and make them satisfied. Some guests would like to learn deeply about history or architecture. Some prefer hidden places to tourist attractions.
2. Procedure of operating tour
- Call/Facebook Messenger and ask if you can join a tour.
- Note that you can join the tour.
- Send you tour email with all the information (guest name, pick up location, tour route, foods, etc.). Tour emails are sometimes sent a few hours before the tour starts.
- An example of tour email:
* Xin email để gửi khách xin review
* Có mặt trước 10 phút.
* Reply sau khi đọc mail để a biết các e đã đọc.
* Áo đồng phục, quần dài jean/tây, ko rách 🙂
* Đổ xăng, áo mưa, nón bảo hiểm.
* Call a Bình +84 90 919 0247 or +84 986682036
THU TIỀN: có
THÔNG TIN TOUR:
Tour name: Private Saigon Sightseeing Tour
Guest name: Maarten
Phone number(Whatsapp/Viber): +84848651499
Number of guests: 4 (a family of 4 (2 adults, 1 child 15y and one child 12y))
Tour date: 15 August, 2019
Pick up: Alagon Central Hotel & Spa. Address: 62-64 Phạm Hồng Thái, Phường Bến Thành, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh
Start time: 8:30 am
Tour price: 630,000 VND or 27USD/adult; and 19usd or 440,000vnd/child 12y. Total is 2,330,000VND or 100USD.
SPECIAL REQUEST (KHÁC BIỆT SO VỚI TOUR THƯỜNG): khach muon di ngang War Museum.
PHÂN CÔNG: Ngân lead, các bạn còn lại support nha.
Budget: nước suối, café cheo leo (2 bạn vào, đậu xe ngoài hẻm Nguyễn Đình Chiểu)
1/ Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica, Saigon Central Post Office, book street (ghé)
2/ War Remnants Museum, Independence Palace, Thich Quang Duc (chạy lướt)
3/ Café Cheo leo (2 bạn vào, để xe ngoài đường nguyễn đình chiểu, rồi đi vào hẻm)
4/ Nguyen Thien Thuat (ghé)
5/ Ho Thi Ky, Cambodian market (ghé)
6/ China Town, Ghost building (Thuận Kiều Plaza), Motorbike accessories market, pet market, (chạy qua Trần Hưng Đạo, quẹo vào hẻm sầm uất xuyên qua hải thượng lãng ông, sau đó quay lại phùng hưng, quẹo trái trần hưng đạo đến nhà thờ cha tam), fabric market, Cha Tam Church
7/ Wet market, , Fruit and vegetable market (Chợ Trang Tử), Binh Tay Market, medicine market (chạy lướt qua, nhưng leader chạy chậm chậm, nhiều lúc khách thích có thể dừng trên xe cho khách chụp hình)
8/ Thien Hau Temple (ghé)
9/ painting street, fashion street, slum area over Nguyen Van Cu bridge, Ben Thanh Market (lướt)
You reply the tour email, confirm that you receive the information.
Tour operator also create a group of all members of the tour on Facebook so that the members and leader can communicate easily and quickly.
3. Prepare at home
- Read carefully tour email and reply.
- Wear uniform, check motorbike, fill fuel.
- Bring 2 helmets, 2 raincoats.
- Charge phone, have phone numbers of manager and tour leader.
- Arrive at the pick up location 10 minutes before start time
- 3G on your phone, usual washing your motorbike are recommended.
- buy bottles of water, have phone numbers of all members, bring helmets for children if needed.
4. Pick up
- Call members if they are not at the pick up location introduce the tour program. You can customize the tour to meet guests’ expectation. Sometimes, they have visitted a few places on our tour route. We can skip the places. They can also ask to see some places which are not included in the tour.
- Give guests an instruction on how to sit on the back of the motorbike.
- Member: support your leader if needed.
All: help your guest to put on or take off his/her helmet, hop on and hop off the motorbike.
5. Instruction on how to sit on the back of the motorbike for guests
- Hop on the motorbike from the left, hold your hand the seat (or shoulder of the driver) if need. Always hop on and off the motorbike on the left to avoid motorcycle exhaust pipe burn.
- Put your feet on the footrests.
- Hold your hands on the rear cover of the motorbike. You can hold on the waist of a male driver or you are female (smile).
- Keep your body straight, balance your body.
- Tell the guide if you feel uncomfortable on the way.
- Be careful at each stop. Watch out the traffic around before hopping off the motorbike. Be careful and protect your jewelries, watch, bag, camera, cellphone. Leave your passport and do not bring too much money. Snatch theft and pickpocket are popular in Saigon.
- Coat, mask, hat are recommended if you are aware of the strong sun.
6. What to do and not to do on the tour?
Duty of leader:
- Drive first so that members follow you on the streets and alleys. Make sure all the members do not get lost.
- Provide information to all guests at each stop and on while driving on the street.
- If the tour includes foods and/or drinks, leader arranges tables, order foods and/or drinks, pay for the foods.
- Pay the members at the end of the tour. Share the tips if available :))
- Get payment at the end of the tour if need (noted in the subject of the tour email GET PAYMENT or DON’T GET PAYMENT.
- If guests really enjoy the tour, ask them to review us on TripAdvisor.
- Send a report via email at the end of each tour. The following is an example of tour report:
* Chi guide: k
* Chi ăn uống gởi xe: k
Cà phê: 100k
Bánh mì: 120k
Chuối nướng: 50k
Bánh tráng: 40k
Bánh xèo: 100k
Gởi xe: 70k
* Tổng chi: 2.500k
* Tổng thu: 0
* Tour trước em giữ: -1500k
* Tiền khác: 0
* Sau tour em giữ: 1.000k
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Photo: file đính kèm
* Kết quả tour: Tour rất tốt khách cám ơn rối rít, nên xin review ko nữa khách có tip cho tụi em luôn (Or Tour tốt em đã xin review, hi vọng khách cho).
* Có nên xin review ko: các em cảm giác khách này có thể cho review 5 * thì note là có
* Thông tin khác: Bạn ABC đi trễ …..
Duty of member who follows your leader on a tour:
- Follow your leader on the streets and alleys.
- Always support your leader (help the leader to introduce to guests at some stops, order foods, arrange tables, utensils if the leader needs)
- Talk to guests at each stop and on the way. There are many attractions, hidden places and interesting things while we are driving. The leader can not provide information about them. You must tell your guest about these places.
- Take some photos if guests are excited to do.
- Be careful with children who are usually tired on their trip to Vietnam and can sleep on the back of the motorbike.
Not to do
- Be late. Get lost on the way.
- Use your phone if not necessary. It is a little impolite on a tour on which you are a tour guide.
- Talk so much and slow down the tour. Note that our tour’s duration is only 4 hours but we drive over 10 km through more than 5 districts and we have lots of things to do.
- Talk so so so much about yourself and your family or things not related to attractions, Vietnamese culture and history.
- Ask guests to pose for photos when they are tired/eating/seeing interesting things. Ask guests to take many photos.
- Practice English with guests.
- Recommend other tours to guests on behalf of Scooter Saigon Tour. Sell the tours directly to guests on behalf of Scooter Saigon Tour.
7. Tours operated by Scooter Saigon Tour
Green Uniform, Male or Female Guide
- Saigon Sightseeing Tour
- Saigon Sightseeing Tour including Light Meal
- Saigon Sightseeing & Food Tour
- Saigon Unseen Tour
- Saigon Unseen & Food Tour
- Saigon Night Food Tour
- Saigon Morning Food Tour
Ao Dai Uniform, Female Guide
- Saigon Night Food Tour