Explore the old and the new of Ho Chi Minh City through this 2-days Ho Chi Minh Shore Excursions from cruise port for insights into its tumultuous past. Experience the city’s dynamics and vitality in the present days as you pass by dizzying traffic and sleek skyscrapers.
- Pick-up & Drop off From Nha Rong, Hiep Phuoc, Phu Huu, Phu My Port
- Visit All HCMC’s Best Bits, Including Notre-Dame Cathedral & General Post Office, Thien Hau Pagoda, War Remnants Museum, Reunification Palace, photo stops around the city;
- Enjoy street food by motorbike or walking, view beautiful Ho Chi Minh by night;
- Learn how the Viet Cong fighters navigated a network of war tunnels;
- Visit The Fascinating Underground Bunkers (And Crawl In!);
- Enjoy lunch at local restaurant with special Vietnamese traditional food;
- You have chance to try shooting AK47, M16, M60, M30 (optional);
Price: from $150 USD /Adult (from 12 years old) , Children (from 5 – 11 years old): 50% of Adult
(Price varies by group size & name of the port)
|Private/group||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 – 6pax||7 – 8pax||9pax+|
|Price/Adult (Nha Rong Port)||$280||$210||$190||$170||$150||$145||$130|
|Price/Adult (Phu Huu & Hiep Phuoc Port)||$290||$230||$220||$195||$175||$160||$150|
|Price/Adult (Phu My Port)||$370||$250||$230||$200||$180||$165||$155|
Duration: 2 Days. At the end of the private tour, we always make sure that you return on-time to board the cruise ship.
Meeting point: Nha Rong, Hiep Phuoc, Phu Huu, or Phu My port
Port Permit Service:
- Opt to purchase port permit service: For a fee of 25USD/person, our guide and transport can go inside the port, right to your cruise ship for pick-up and drop off. This requires passport details such as full name, passport number, DOB, expiry date and nationality. We recommend this service for safety and comfort during the hot or rainy days, as well a reliable transport service.
- Opt not to purchase port service fee: Please walk out of the port for 15 minutes – 20 minutes or take a shuttle bus inside port gate (3-5$/person) where our guide and driver will welcome you with a sign and a smile. This does not include a fee.
Tour customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
- Round trip on private air-conditioner vehicle from your port to Ho Chi Minh City
- English-speaking local guide
- Breakfast and accommodation in double/twin sharing
- All entrance fees
- Motorbike or walking street food at night
- Lunch as indicated in the itinerary (please note we can cater for any dietary requirements, just be sure to get in touch beforehand)
- Enjoy local special food such as steamed tapioca and hot tea
- Bottles of Water
- Tips & Other drinks
- Real Bullet in Cu Chi Tunnels;
- Other personal expenses
Payment method: We accept
What to bring: Sunscreen • Hat • Insect Repellent • Light Jacket • Flashlight or Torch
What to wear: Please ensure you dress respectfully. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times.
Accommodations: The price you see includes 3* accommodations. We would be more than happy to plan the trip with 4*/5* options if you would prefer, please just get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Remember: This tour is 100% customisable so if you have something else in mind just let us know.
Day 1: The Ports – Ho Chi Minh City Tour – Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City (L/D)
Welcome to Ho Chi Minh! Our team will be waiting with name signs, big smiles at your port to take you to your cool air-conditioned transport for a 2-hour drive into the heart of Ho Chi Minh City.
Visit the first place, Heavenly Lady Pagoda located in the bustle and hustle Chinatown. Also known as Thien Hau Pagoda, it is dedicated to the Chinese sea goddess Mazu with many traditional unique practices revealed in the Chinese-style architecture.
Then, we will stop at Cheo Leo cafe – an 80-year coffee shop hidden in an alley and famous for its distinct “Vot” coffee. There you sit around a table, take a rest, enjoy the drink, eat Vietnamese bread, Grilled banana with coconut milk, and chat leisurely with the guide as a friend like locals. You also learn how to make a cup of “Vot” coffee and interact with the nice owner of the coffee shop.
After relaxing at coffee shop, we will head to tourist attractions in District 1 including Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, Saigon Central Post Office where you admire the beauty of old French architectural works, learn more about history and culture, take the most beautiful photos in the city. A lovely book street next to the post office is worth wandering.
Then, we´ll go for a tasty Vietnamese lunch. The guide shows you how the cook makes thin, large, and crispy pancakes skillfully, how to wrap the cake in vegetables and eat. There we also enjoy Rice noodles with grilled pork/fried roll – a specialty food of the city.
After that, move to the War Remnants Museum to take a closer look at the Vietnam War in the past. This attraction is not recommended for squeamish people. The museum is covered with a gloomy silence through exhibiting plenty of artifacts, old weapons, letters, documentaries, and so on. Learn how brave Vietnam soldiers fought against strong enemies.
Then, you head to Ben Thanh Market, the biggest market in this city. Feel the vibrant atmosphere shown in selling and buying products by local people. Millions of goods are sold that you can find everything in this market, especially some specialties of Southern Vietnam. Continue on to a lacquerware workshop where you admire and experience the handmade local pieces of art. All kinds of different art style such as pottery, paintings, decoration, accessories, etc. can be found here. Get a glimpse of how local artisans transform these raw materials into poetry masterpieces. You can support them by purchasing some products at a reasonable price.
On the drive around the city, if time permits, you will be transferred to various photo stops in the city including Independence Palace, Opera house, Le Loi Avenue, Westmoreland former residence, Cabot Lodge.
Your guide will bring you to a hotel for check-in and then take a rest.
At 6:30pm, guide will see you in the lobby of hotel for night street food tour (2 options for you: walking & taxi or riding on motorbike).
We will back to hotel at 9:30pm – 10pm and overnight rest.
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh City – Cu Chi Tunnels Tour – The Ports (B/L)
After a hotel breakfast, at 8 am your tour guide & driver will drive you to the famous Cu Chi tunnels, also known as the “Iron Triangle” or “Iron Land” in wartime. Pass through the rural countryside, full of rice paddies and rubber plantations, before arriving at the tunnels.
You’ll watch a short introductory video showing how they were constructed, followed by an exploration of the maze of tunnels, some of which have been widened to allow tourist access. Also on display are various mantraps and remains of an American tank as well as numerous bomb craters made by 500lb bombs dropped from B52 bombers.
We will have luch at local restaurant.
Afterward, you’ll go back to Ho Chi Minh City before heading straight to the Ports. Arrive at the port at around 4:00 PM to board the cruise and continue your shore trip. Trip ends.
Submitted requests get a reply within 1 working day!
Tracy Do (Ms.)
Interacting with our travelers during their whole trip helps me understand more about their interests and concerns. I like seeking for the exotic and valuable experience. And I believe that this is one of the reasons that make us different.
A trip designed just for you? Let’s get started.. Please fill out the form below. Based on your schedule, your specific needs and interests, our travel experts will design a personalized tour just for you. The more details you provide about your requirements the more we can design the perfect trip for you.
Please note this inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!