Your exploration of Ho Chi Minh Shore Excursions starts here! Our fully customisable, private tour Ho Chi Minh City aims to uncover the best this incredible city has to offer. From colonial landmarks to local markets and rural houses on stilts, Ho Chi Minh is a bustling city in which you will never grow bored. Choose to follow our expert advice or craft your own adventure in this cultural hub. Shore Excursions tend to sell out quickly. Please make sure to book as soon as possible.
- Pick-up & Drop off From Nha Rong, Hiep Phuoc, Phu Huu, Phu My Port
- Visit All HCMC’s Best Bits, Including Notre-Dame Cathedral & General Post Office, Thien Hau Pagoda, War Remnants Museum, photo stops around the city;
- Enjoy lunch with Vietnamese traditional food as Vietnamese pancake & rice noodles with grilled pork/fried roll – specialty food of the city
- Visit an over 80-year-old cafe hidden in an alley & interact with the nice host & learn how to brew the unique Vot coffee
Price: from $48 USD /Adult (from 12 years old) , Children (from 5 – 11 years old): 50% of Adult
(Price varies by group size & name of the port)
|Private/group||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 – 6pax||7 – 8pax||9pax+|
|Price/Adult (Nha Rong Port)||$150||$100||$80||$70||$60||$55||$48|
|Price/Adult (Phu Huu & Hiep Phuoc Port)||$180||$130||$110||$100||$88||$80||$70|
|Price/Adult (Phu My Port)||$270||$165||$150||$130||$115||$100||$90|
Duration: All private tours are approximately 8 hours or longer depending on your time constraints. At the end of the private tour, we always make sure that you return on-time to board the cruise ship.
Meeting point: Nha Rong, Hiep Phuoc, Phu Huu, or Phu My port
Port Permit Service:
- Opt to purchase port permit service: For a fee of 25USD/person, our guide and transport can go inside the port, right to your cruise ship for pick-up and drop off. This requires passport details such as full name, passport number, DOB, expiry date and nationality. We recommend this service for safety and comfort during the hot or rainy days, as well a reliable transport service.
- Opt not to purchase port service fee: Please walk out of the port for 15 minutes – 20 minutes or take a shuttle bus inside port gate (3-5$/person) where our guide and driver will welcome you with a sign and a smile. This does not include a fee.
Tour customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
- Round trip on private air-conditioner vehicle from the ports to Ho Chi Minh City
- English-speaking local guide
- All entrance fees
- Lunch as indicated in the itinerary (please note we can cater for any dietary requirements, just be sure to get in touch beforehand)
- Special Vietnamese coffee & Unlimited Bottles of Water
- Tips & Other drinks
- Other personal expenses
Payment method: We accept
What to bring: Sunscreen • Hat • Insect Repellent • Light Jacket • Flashlight or Torch
What to wear: Please ensure you dress respectfully. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times.
Welcome to Ho Chi Minh! Our team will be waiting with name signs, big smiles at your port to take you to your cool air-conditioned transport.
Visit the first place, Heavenly Lady Pagoda located in the bustle and hustle Chinatown. Also known as Thien Hau Pagoda, it is dedicated to the Chinese sea goddess Mazu with many traditional unique practices revealed in the Chinese-style architecture.
Then, we will stop at Cheo Leo cafe – an 80-year coffee shop hidden in an alley and famous for its distinct “Vot” coffee. There you sit around a table, take a rest, enjoy the drink, eat Vietnamese bread, Grilled banana with coconut milk, and chat leisurely with the guide as a friend like locals. You also learn how to make a cup of “Vot” coffee and interact with the nice owner of the coffee shop.
After relaxing at coffee shop, we will head to tourist attractions in District 1 including Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, Saigon Central Post Office where you admire the beauty of old French architectural works, learn more about history and culture, take the most beautiful photos in the city. A lovely book street next to the post office is worth wandering.
Then, we´ll go for a tasty Vietnamese lunch. The guide shows you how the cook makes thin, large, and crispy pancakes skillfully, how to wrap the cake in vegetables and eat. There we also enjoy Rice noodles with grilled pork/fried roll – a specialty food of the city.
After that, move to the War Remnants Museum to take a closer look at the Vietnam War in the past. This attraction is not recommended for squeamish people. The museum is covered with a gloomy silence through exhibiting plenty of artifacts, old weapons, letters, documentaries, and so on. Learn how brave Vietnam soldiers fought against strong enemies.
Then, you head to Ben Thanh Market, the biggest market in this city. Feel the vibrant atmosphere shown in selling and buying products by local people. Millions of goods are sold that you can find everything in this market, especially some specialties of Southern Vietnam. Continue on to a lacquerware workshop where you admire and experience the handmade local pieces of art. All kinds of different art style such as pottery, paintings, decoration, accessories, etc. can be found here. Get a glimpse of how local artisans transform these raw materials into poetry masterpieces. You can support them by purchasing some products at a reasonable price.
On the drive around the city, if time permits, you will be transferred to various photo stops in the city including Independence Palace, , Opera house, Le Loi Avenue, Westmoreland former residence, Cabot Lodge.
Trip ends when the driver drops you at the port for the next departure.
Submitted requests get a reply within 1 working day!
Tracy Do (Ms.)
Interacting with our travelers during their whole trip helps me understand more about their interests and concerns. I like seeking for the exotic and valuable experience. And I believe that this is one of the reasons that make us different.
A trip designed just for you? Let’s get started.. Please fill out the form below. Based on your schedule, your specific needs and interests, our travel experts will design a personalized tour just for you. The more details you provide about your requirements the more we can design the perfect trip for you.
Please note this inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!