Banh mi is the must-eat food in Vietnam so that you should not miss the amazing Vietnamese bread on your trip to this country. It has been said the top 1 Banh mi shop is located in Hoi An – the paradise of food in the S-shaped country. According to Anthony Bourdain, that’s a symphony in a sandwich of Banh mi Phuong. I would like to introduce to you the Top 3 Banh mi shops in Hoi An as follows.
Banh mi Phuong (Bánh mì Phượng)
- This is perhaps the most famous Banh mi shop in Hoi An as well as Vietnam. When you try to search “top banh mi in Vietnam” on Google, you will see Banh mi Phuong appears on many search results. Most of the foodies, travel bloggers have enjoyed Vietnamese sandwich at this shop because the shop is very well-known.
- The special sauce created by the owner of the shop.
- Fresh ingredients and secret recipes.
- Extremely crispy bread, tender meat fillings and crunchy fillings from vegetables.
- Reasonable prices.
- Anthony Bourdain said “That’s a symphony in a sandwich!” when he talked about this amazing Banh mi shop.
- Address: 2B Phan Chau Trinh Street, Minh An Ward, Hoi An City.
- Opening hours: 6:30 – 21:30.
- Menu & prices: VND 30,000/Vietnamese bread.
Madam Khanh – Banh Mi Queen (Bánh Mì Khánh)
Highlights: crispy bread, lots of fillings, friendly staff.
Address: 11 Tran Cao Van Street, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province.
Opening hours: 06:30 – 19:30.
Menu & prices: a portion of Banh Mi with mixed fillings/chicken/pork/egg or vegetarian Banh Mi costs VND 25,000 – 30,000.
Banh Mi Bich (Bánh Mì Bích)
- Highlights: smelling bread and pattee, cheap price.
- Address: 51 Phan Chau Trinh Street, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province.
- Opening hours: 15:00 – 21:00.
- Menu & prices: a portion of Banh Mi with pork/mix of pork and Vietnamese pork roll/Vietnamese pork roll costs VND 20,000.