Vietnamese grass jelly and coconut milk dessert drink (Chè sương sáo nước cốt dừa) is very healthy, delicious food which attracts lots of people. The refreshing, tender grass jelly, the chewy, crisp sabja seeds and the greasy coconut milk blend wonderfully. Following is the recipe for Vietnamese grass jelly and coconut milk dessert drink:
- White grass jelly powder: 50g
- Black grass jelly powder: 50g
- Sugar: 150g
- Water: 1l
- Coconut milk: 400ml
- Sabja seeds: 2-3 teaspoons
- Condensed milk: 50ml
- Fresh milk: 150ml
Step 1: making grass jelly
- Mix 50g of white grass jelly powder and 50g sugar.
- Add 1l of water to the mixture of white grass jelly powder and sugar, stir until the mixture is melted in water. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Cook the mixture of white grass jelly powder, sugar and water, stir continuously until thickened, continue cooking for 5 minutes, stop cooking.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular mold, when it is cooled down, put it into the refrigerator.
- When the mixture is jellied, cut the jelly into cubes or any shape at your wish.
- Do the same with black jelly powder.
Step 2: cooking coconut milk sauce
- Cook coconut milk, condensed milk, fresh milk until boiling, cool the sauce down.
- Step 3: Soak dried sabja seeds
- Soak dried sabja seeds in one cup of warm water for about 15 minutes. The sabja seeds are coated with a translucent white film and become twice their size.
Step 4: serving
- Put white and black grass jelly into a glass or bowl, add the sauce, top the drink with soaked dried sabja seeds.
- Add some ice and enjoy the delicious Vietnamese grass jelly and coconut milk dessert drink.