The Cu Chi Tunnels are an underground labyrinth of passageways, used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War (or “American War” as it’s referred to here) as protection against American air raids. Those inclined are invited to crawl through selections of the tunnels to better understand what life was like for the Vietnamese soldiers during wartime. It is a fantastic full day tour for driving around Saigon, a culinary experience with traditional Vietnamese food and exploring Cu Chi Tunnels on the Cu Chi Tunnels Tour & Cooking Class. Enjoy a morning cooking lesson at the Vietnam Cookery Center. Your hands-on cooking course is conducted by a professional chef and translated by a MC, who will explain the teaching of the chef and talk about the history and culture of Vietnamese cuisine. The lesson includes a market visit and lunch. In the afternoon, you will leave Cookery Center on an afternoon excursion to the Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Learn about the local gastronomy and practice some traditional Vietnamese cuisine;
- Taste the Vietnamese foods cooked by yourself;
- Explore the Cu Chi Tunnels and interact with people in Cu Chi region;
- Learn about courage, the ingenuity of Vietnamese;
- If you want, let fire a real wartime rifle;
- Enjoy the nice view on the way from Saigon to Cu Chi.
Cooking Class & Cu Chi Tunnels Tour will start at 7:30 AM, our guides will pick you up at your hotel.
Arriving agricultural area around 8:45 AM, activities here are:
- Visit various farms to see buffalo, cows, and duck, fish and prawn ponds.
- Visit vegetable, herb, spice and mushroom growing areas.
- Pick vegetables, herbs, and spices and receive a traditional Vietnamese farmer’ hat.
- Join cooking class from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM: hands-on cooking class (3 dishes plus dessert); enjoy your meal; receive a certificate, recipes, souvenirs, and exchange e-mails to share recipes and updates.
- Visit Rice Paper Village and Rubber Tree Forest.
- View and participate (if you want) in making rice paper.
- Explore rubber tree forest and learn how latex is collected.
From 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM you will visit Cu Chi Tunnels:
- Watch a video about the Vietnam War and Cu Chi Tunnels and learn how tunnels were built followed by the visit to tunnels.
- Wander the area to see traps, entrances hidden in mounds disguised as molehills, meeting rooms, hospitals, etc.
- Crawl some sections of the tunnels which are just enough for one person goes through.
- Have the opportunity to fire guns with live ammunition at the shooting range.
- Browse souvenir stores.
- Sample casava and tea.
Cu Chi Tunnels Tour & Cooking Class Full Day ends and we transfer you back to your hotel at 5:30 p.m.
Let’s go to enjoy the fantastic feeling together! If you have any request or need more information about the tour (guide, time, food, pick up…) please do not hesitate to send us an email. We will do our best to explain anything to you. Our guides of Cu Chi tunnels tour are looking forward to meeting you and having a good time together.
|Private/group||1 Pax||2 Pax||3-4 Pax||5-6 Pax||7-8 Pax||9 Pax +|
- Private English speaking tour guide;
- Private air-conditioned car/van;
- Free hotel pickup and drop off in center of Ho Chi Minh City (District 1, 3, 4, 10);
- Cooking class and enjoy lunch at cooking class;
- Cu Chi tunnels entrance ticket;
- Hot tea and steamed tapioca;
- 1 bottle of mineral water;
- Pictures from your tour (emailed to you later).
- … and lots of fun.
- Gratuities and personal expenses;
- Real Bullet in Cu Chi Tunnels;
- Any other service not mentioned in the above program;
- Peak season surcharge (if applicable).
Let’s book Cu Chi Tunnels Tour & Cook Class now and pay us at the end of the tour!
Please Call/SMS/Viber/Whatsapp us at +84909190247 for more information about program and menu. Do not hesitate to let us know you are vegetarian or allergic to something and your taste so that we can arrange the foods meeting your expectation.on.