Vietnamese banana, tapioca pearl and coconut milk pudding (Chè chuối bột báng) is a simple but delicious dessert which wins the hearts of most people including Vietnamese people and foreigners. The perfect mix of sweet banana, chewy tapioca pearls, and the sweet, greasy broth will satisfy your taste.
Here is the recipe for this dessert:
- Ripe apple banana: 5-6
- Dried tapioca pearls: 30g
- Coconut milk: 200ml
- Sugar: 100g
- Peanuts: 30g
- Glutinous rice wine: 1tsp
- Peel the bananas, cut them into thick slices, marinate them with glutinous rice wine. If the bananas are too ripe, it will turn too tender and too sweet after cooking. Otherwise, it will taste a little bitter and not sweet enough. So that choosing banana is an important part cook a delicious Vietnamese banana, tapioca pearl and coconut milk pudding.
- Soak dried tapioca pearls for 2-3 hours.
- Toast peanuts, peel and crush them.
- Cook water and tapioca pearls until tapioca pearls turn translucent with a white spot in the middle.
- Add banana, coconut milk, and sugar to the mixture. Cook until tapioca pearls are translucent completely and bananas are tender and sweet.
- Serve the pudding in a bowl or a glass, top it with crushed toasted peanut. This food is better served hot.
You might like this Vietnamese black glutinous rice and yogurt pudding