What is Vietnamese Pizza?
This is one of the most popular street snacks for students and teenagers in Vietnam. You should not miss this unique Vietnamese Pizza (Bánh Tráng Nướng). It’s can be compared to the famous Italian pizza. You ate at least 2 pizzas for once. Can you believe it? It originated in Dalat province, which has a cool climate and is considered “the city of thousands of flowers” in Vietnam. But this kind of street food has become more and more popular in Saigon – the paradise of street foods.
Vietnamese Pizza – Photo by Scooter Saigon Tour
Ingredients to make Vietnamese Pizza – Photo by Scooter Saigon Tour
Vietnamese Pizza at a street food stall – Photo by Scooter Saigon Tour
Foreigners are excited at eating crispy Grilled Rice Pancake – Photo by Scooter Saigon Tour
“Hey, it’s really tasty” – Photo by Scooter Saigon Tour
Where to eat Vietnamese pizza?
In Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnamese pizza has become popular and you can grab this kind of snack at:
- A street food stall near Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Street food stalls at Turtle Lake.
- 223 Nguyen Tri Phuong street, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Goc Da Lat, 386/43B Le Van Si, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City.
Most street food stalls selling Vietnamese pizza open in the evening because Saigon people usually eat this snack at that time.
You also can make it at home. It isn’t difficult for processing. I still cannot stop my drool when thinking about it.
Ingredients for Vietnamese pizza:
- 1 piece of rice paper
- 2 quail eggs
- 1 tbsp shredded beef jerky pork floss
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp cheese of your choice
- 1 tsp paté
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- crispy fried shallot/garlic
- 1 tbsp spring onion chopped
How to make Banh trang nuong?
- Spread all toppings of your choice over the rice paper and grill over charcoal until the butter and cheese melted.
- Continue grilling until quail egg is cooked. Whirl rice paper gently to make sure it cooks well.
The ready Vietnamese pizza is really mouth-watering- Photo by Scooter Saigon Tour
Congratulations, you’ve just finished one of the amazing Vietnamese Food Recipes. The dish costs just a few minutes for preparing and cooking. After being grilled, the crispy pizza can be folded in half and eaten with chili and tamarind sauce. However, you can use a pair of scissors to cut into medium pieces for serving. I strongly suggest you should eat when it is hot. I hope you will satisfy with this dish and good luck to you.
Vietnamese Pizza With Beef Jerky- Photo by Scooter Saigon Tour