There is no doubt that bird nest is one of the most nutritious food in the world. There are various bird nest recipes around the world. I would like to introduce to you one of the most popular bird nest recipes in Vietnam – Bird nest lotus seed dried red date ginkgo dessert (Chè yến thập cẩm). The tender bird nest, buttery and sticky lotus seeds, tender and sweet red date and gingko blend wonderfully. The dessert is not only delicious but very healthy.
- Dried bird nest: 20g
- Dried lotus seeds: 10
- Dried red dates: 10
- Dried gingko seeds: 10
- Rock sugar: 20g
- Soak dried bird nest for 2 hours so that it turns tender and expands.
- Cook lotus seeds, Dried red date, Dried gingko until tender separately.
- Make the syrup by cooking 400ml of water with sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Steam bird nest, lotus seeds, red date, gingko, syrup for 45 minutes.
- The dessert can be served hot or cold.