Visiting Cu Chi and Mekong Delta in one day now can be done with us. If you would like to save your time, you can book the Cu Chi Tunnels & Mekong Delta Tour Full Day – a brand-new designed experience instead of doing separately Cu Chi Tunnels Half Day Tour and Mekong Delta Full Day Tour.
The Cu Chi Tunnels, which highlight the ingenuity of Viet Cong soldiers during the Vietnam War, are a must-see destination in Southern Vietnam. The 3-tired underground network of tunnels has a total length of about 250 km long. Crawling through the surprisingly surviving tunnels, seeing shelters, hospitals, dining rooms in the tunnels, or trying to fire a gun are some of the amazing things tourists can do in Cu Chi.
Located about 70 km from Ho Chi Minh City Center, 100 km from Cu Chi Tunnels, Mekong Delta is one of the most popular destinations in South Vietnam. Fresh air, unique local life, beautiful and peaceful countryside with rice paddies, orchards, and villages on main roads and dirt laneways. There tourists have chances to sit on small boats through the system of rivers and narrow channels, listen to traditional folk music, taste specialty foods, and join many more activities.
Cu Chi Tunnels & Mekong Delta Tour is the best choice for you to explore the legendary tunnels and peaceful Mekong Delta region. Escaping busy and noisy Ho Chi Minh city, you will have a chance to explore the legendary tunnels and beautiful countryside with a system of rivers and narrow canals, rice paddies, orchards, villages on main roads and dirt laneways, traditional music.
- Explore the Cu Chi tunnels;
- Learn more about war history in Vietnam;
- Learn about the courage & ingenuity of the Cu Chi people;
- If you want, let fire a real wartime rifle;
- Enjoy the nice view on the way from Saigon to Cu Chi;
- Enjoy the peaceful and natural beauty of Mekong Delta;
- Enjoy a boat trip on rivers, stop at islands, and row sampan through zigzag narrow canals;
- Taste delicious local foods and traditional music;
- Troll into orchards and plug seasonal fruits;
- Meet locals who are very kind and friendly;
- Learn more about mysterious Coconut Religion;
- Ride horse cart and bicycle around quiet villages.
Start time: 7:00 AM (flexible); Duration: 10 hours.
Detail itinerary of Cu Chi Tunnels & Mekong Delta Tour Full Day:
The driver and guide will pick you up at your hotel and depart from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) to Cu Chi. It is a chance for you to escape from the hustle and bustle Ho Chi Minh, relax on the way from Saigon to Cu Chi.
At first, you will spend your time watching a documentary film about Cu Chi Tunnels and the Vietnam War. Then it is time for inspecting the tunnel site, visiting the gates, traps, underground hospitals, worship rooms, kitchens and bunkers, and many other interesting things. One of the highlights is Hoang Cam stove, which was named after its inventor, diffused and dissipated smoke from cooking. On display are booby traps, the remains of a US army tank and huge craters left by American B52 bombs. You will be able to admire lots of compelling photos and personal effects left behind. Our guide will tell you about heart-broken war history and information about the tunnels including less-known stories.
The most exciting part of your trip is going through a section of the tunnel. In fact, the original tunnels are wet, dark, stuffy, and about 0.5 – 1 m wide, just enough for one person to go through. The sections of tunnels were expanded to accommodate tourists. Some sections are lightened with lights but some are not. You will be surprised and understand the clever and heroic characters of Cu Chi as well as Vietnamese locals and soldiers who could live in the tunnels in bad conditions with low light, heat, humidity, and lack of air for some months, even a few years. You can also try firing M-16, AK-47 and carbine rifle at the National Defence Sports Shooting Range.
Leaving Cu Chi, we will head to My Tho. On the way, you can see the nice view of South Vietnam’s countryside with lush orchards and green or yellow rice fields along the main roads. Arriving in My Tho, we will enjoy a wonderful lunch with delicious local dishes: deep fired Elephant ear fish, Vietnamese Pancake… After taking a rest, we will start exploring amazing Mekong rivers, canals, and islands with many things to do:
- Motorized boat cruise on immense rivers lined with fruit orchards and quiet villages.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of the islands such as Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix, Tortoise, and see the unique local life on islands surrounded by water in Mekong Delta.
- Visit orchards, bee-keeping house, enjoy honey tea, seasonal tropical fruit.
- Take a horse cart and ride a bicycle around the quiet & peaceful village.
- Rowing-boat ride along small mangrove palm creek (mangrove palm or Nypa-frutican, known as “dua nuoc” in Vietnam).
- See coconut candy production process.
- Listen to traditional Southern Vietnamese folk music.
On the way back, you will be dropped by Mekong Rest Stop for a short break. At the end of the tour, we will drive you back to your hotel. Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta Full Day Tour will leave a memory forever in your heart.
Private Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta Tour Full Day by Car:
|Number of your group||1||2||3||4||5-6|
Please contact us through Whatsapp: +84909190247 for a quick response!
- Private air-conditioned car/van, hotel pickup and drop off;
- All attractions entrance fee including Cu Chi tunnels entrance ticket, motorized boat, rowing boat, horse cart, bicycle;
- High-quality lunch, fruits, honey tea, coconut candy, mineral water.
- English speaking tour guide, bottle of water;
- Pictures from your tour (emailed to you later).
Call/SMS/Viber/WhatsApp us at +84909190247 for more information about the program of Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta Tour Full Day by Car.