Condensed milk mung bean and jelly dessert in Hue (Chè sữa, Che sua) is a favorite dessert in Hue. The greasy condensed milk, buttery mung bean, and crunchy jelly can surprise your family. Let cook it with us:
To make jelly:
- Agar: 7g
- Water: 300ml
- Condensed milk: 1 soup spoon
To make mung bean sweet soup:
- Peeled mung bean: 1/2 rice bowl
- Sugar: 2 soup spoons
To make coconut milk sauce:
- Coconut milk: 200ml
- Cornstarch: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Condensed milk
Step 1: make the mung bean sweet soup
- Wash mung beans in several changes of water until clean, soak them in cold water for 1-2 hour, wash again.
- Put mung beans into a pot, pour water into the pot so that the water just covers the beans, cook over low heat, stir well so that the beans are not burnt at the bottom of the pot.
- Cook the mung beans until tender, cool down, blend cooked mung beans until smooth.
- Cook the blended mung beans with sugar for 5-10 minutes. Now the mung bean sweet soup part is done.
Step 2: make the agar jelly cubes
- Put agar into a pot, add water, stir well, leave the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pot with agar mixture, stir until boiling, add condensed milk.
- Cook until agar is melted completely, it takes about 15 minutes, pour the mixture into a bowl, put into the refrigerator until jellied.
- Cut the jelly into cubes.
Step 3: make the coconut milk sauce
- Cook coconut milk, cornstarch, sugar, salt in a pot over medium heat until the mixture boiling and thickens, cool down.
Step 4: make the crushed toasted peanuts
- Toast peanuts until smelling and yellow, remove the skins, crush the peanuts.
Step 5: serve Condensed milk mung bean and jelly dessert in Hue
- Put some mung bean sweet soup into a high glass, then agar jellies, and another layer of mung bean sweet soup.
- Add some shaved ice.
- Top the sweet soup with coconut milk sauce and crushed peanuts.
- Stir well and eat.
You might like this: